The Prayagraj Kumbh Mela 2019, which was concluded on Monday March 4, has made entry into the Guinness Book of World Records on three counts — the largest sanitation drive, the largest hand print exercises, and the largest bus fleet service to a pilgrimage center.
The Ministry of Culture released a statement on Monday, which stated that a three-member team from the Guinness World Record made the assessment between February 28 to March 3.
Here are some of the interesting numbers numbers related to event involving largest human congregation:
- The event was held for 49 days
- It recorded 24 crore footfalls
- On the last day of the event 1.1 crore people took a dip in the Triveni Sangam
- It witnessed participation of 13 monastic orders
- 10,000 were involved in sweeping five locations in a single day
- 7,600 created the world’s fastest hand-print painting in 8 hours
- A fleet of 503 buses ran across 3.2 km to ferry devotees